Well it's Spring Break again! What a perfect time for a road trip!! We traveled many miles, great times were had, memories were made, and photographs were taken. Our first stop---- Horseshoe Bend, Arizona. What an amazing place to view! I did learn a few things from my experience and I will pass them on to you.
1. Wear jeans, not shorts. When the wind blows out there, the sand flies and it hurts when it hits!
2. Don't ever wander off in this area alone, or in the dark, or after a few drinks. There are places in this area that look like flat land, and then DROP! You could fall off into the abyss and never be seen again.
3. Bring lens filters! Yes I forgot mine and I totally regret it to this day! There are many reasons for this:
1. Sand and glass are not a good mix. I was very worried that all the sad flying was going to scratch my lens.
2. Sun- bright sun! Although the landscape is absolutely beautiful, there are many reflective areas on these rocks that is hard to capture with the sun's glare.
4. Be careful!! I know, I know, I'm just a mother, but when I see families letting their little ones run next to an edge of a 4,200 feet cliff, or see people dangling their feet off the edge, I wonder what they are thinking! Yeah, sure, makes for a great photo, but this isn't Disneyland people! This is Mother Nature and she does't have seat belts!
Other then that, this place is a MUST SEE!! I wish I had more time to spend out there, but the family and I made a pact to get out there again very soon to get more photographs and just soak in the beauty of it all.
Here are a few photos I got while there:
This was just the first stop of many! Stay tuned in for more blog posts of many more places! :D